Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oatmeal Dalloway FO

I finished my Dalloway project last week and am quite happy with the results. I used Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Natural Mix for the main color and cream for the edging.

I started off making the small size and figured I'd just add enough length for a medium, because my arm measurement was right between the small and medium. But the sleeves turned out to be a little tight, so before seaming them I picked up stitches along one side and knit in a k2, p2 rib. You can see the ribbing below. I still think it looks cute! This made the shrug more fitted across the back and a little shorter than a medium, and I like how it looks!

This pattern was a lot of fun to knit--quick and kind of addictive once you get going! I might make another one for my sister if she likes it.

No comments: