Lots of people seem to be getting preggers these days, Katie included. So I’ve been doing some baby knitting.
First is a variation of my Tiny Tim sweater pattern:
This was actually a prototype that I made in Caron Country, which I didn’t like as well as the DiVe Zenith washable wool I used for Tiny Tim. The Caron is kind of splitty. Other differences: this version is knit in a k2, p1 rib, so it’s a little skinny, and it’s a cardigan instead of a pullover. But I think it turned out okay.
Second is this cardigan, also based on the proportions for Tiny Tim:
This one is knit with Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, which is actually quite nice for a craft store yarn. I think I’ll give this to my sister for her baby, but since she’s not finding out the sex of the baby, I’m going to wait to add buttons.
If it’s a girl:
Cute floral buttons. I might add a crocheted flower to the sweater, too.
If it’s a boy:
Boring plain buttons.
Can you tell that I’m rooting for a girl?
I also started these matching pants, which are from the Pimp My Longies pattern:
It’s been fun knitting these—I like how the waistband and gusset are constructed. But the Cotton-ease is a heavier weight than the pattern recommends, and even though I went down a size in the pattern (knitting the 6 mos size in the hopes they will be 12 mos), I think they will be too big. So I might try again using smaller needles to get closer to the recommended gauge.
Also, for some reason the stitches are kind of uneven on the longies, which usually isn’t a problem for me. I think going down a couple of needle sizes might help.
My plan is also to make some matching booties, which can be a challenge. I’m looking for a good pattern that does not have a seam on the bottom of the foot, so I think I’m going to try this toe-up bootie pattern next.