Friday, August 14, 2009

Finally an F.O.: Periwinkle Fifi

I started this project back in April, and I can’t believe it has taken me so long to finish. The problem for me was that I never memorized the stitch pattern, so I had to have the pattern with me. Normally I prefer patterns that are easy to memorize so I can knit on the go.


Overall, I’m happy with this, but I don’t think my yarn choice made this as flattering as it could have been. I used Knitpicks Shine, which is a bit of a heavy worsted. If I were to make this again (which I probably won’t) I’d use a lighter worsted or even a DK yarn.

Mods: I added ribbing at the bottom hem and neckline to prevent rolling.

I continued the top stitch pattern over the bust area because I thought that would be more flattering, but I think it might actually have been better as written. But I think overall it looks better in person!


1 comment:

Deodand said...

Great job on a complicated sweater! I saw in on Ravelry and it looks great on you. I'm thinking about making it but it looks quite complicated.