I've had this bench in my living room for a while, and unfortunately it got chewed up by my puppy, Cooper. This weekend I decided to make it over for additional playroom storage.
Here's the before:
And here's the after:
The fabric was from my stash. I also used this fabric for a DIY Boppy pillow, shown in these nursery pics.
I used the directions from this blog post and pretty much muffled my way through it. Since I'm even lazier than the blogger who wrote up those directions, mine is much less neat underneath and on the inside. You can see that the parts around the legs are a bit lumpy, and I also half-assed the tubular part that goes around the sides. Somehow my measurements were way off and my sewing machine was not cooperating, so I just took in several inches with one seam and called it a day. That means the seams don't line up with the edges of the bench, but I figure the main person who will be using it is P. and she won't care.
All in all, not a bad use of an afternoon, I'd say!